The Drama department is a vibrant and dynamic department. We have regular visits from Drama companies and workshops. The Actor Mark McGann took a workshop with our Years 10 and 11 students. Stonehenge has Arts Mark Gold Award – the highest award possible for a school. We have combined live action and film footage in our productions of 'The Hobbit’, 'The Time Machine, and, more recently St Trinian’s'. Past productions have included; High School Musical; Cabaret, A Christmas Carol, Wyrd Sisters; Carpe Jugulum, Annie; Oliver, My Fair Lady; Alice in Wonderland, Bugsy Malone and Grease.
The famous actor Benedict Cumberbatch recently gave a message of encouragement and advice to our LAMDA candidates. He is himself an ex LAMDA student and gave our actors some crucial pieces of advice about acting techniques and preparation.
Murder Mystery Dramas are regular Drama Club events and are a lot of fun, allowing the audience to have a go at guessing the identity and motives of the ‘murderer’. There are, of course, prizes for the winners.
Our Drama studio – The Cave – is a large, technically well -equipped acting space with flexible staging, advanced sound system and excellent lighting. The School Theatre is also a well-equipped venue, with a full lighting rig, including state-of-the-art LED lanterns.
The Drama Department has an extensive range of costumes. Ancient Greek, Roman, Elizabethan, Victorian and modern outfits are well represented, as well as numerous accessories. We’ve even got a suit of Civil War armour!
Our belief is that anyone can be trained to act and everyone has something unique to offer as a performer.
Come and join the fun.
Our curriculum offers a range of exciting and engaging projects which build performance skills.
- GCSE Drama AQA
- L.A.M.D.A private entry
- Drama Club
- School plays/musicals
Consistently in line with and above National levels.
LAMDA and Stonehenge School
- Stonehenge School is a private centre for LAMDA graded awards in Acting, Musical Theatre and Reading for Performance.
- The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) is one of the oldest drama schools in the UK. Founded in 1861, it quickly established itself as a centre of excellence in performance training. LAMDA has provided theatre and the world of film and television with many first-class actors and expertly-trained stage managers across the world.
- Our results from 2010 to 2014 reflect the hard work and talent of the students that were entered for Levels 1, 2, and 3 examinations in Solo and Duologue Acting. They achieved success in awards ranging from Grade 4 to Grade 8, the majority with merit and distinction. Bronze, Silver and Gold medals are also awarded to those students achieving Level 3 Acting Grades. These medals also carry UCAS points. Eighty students have so far achieved Grades 4 to Gold (Grade 8) with more taking examinations in the new year.
- LAMDA Examinations have a reputation for excellence across the world with advanced examinations (Grades 6 to 8) contributing towards UCAS points.
- Any student who wishes to participate in the examinations may do so. As well as offering the opportunity to gain valuable life skills, we are sure the experience will be enjoyable.
- Stonehenge is a registered L.A.M.D.A. centre. The school is one of the only establishments in Wiltshire to run the prestigious L.A.M.D.A. course.
Click here to see the personal message to students from actor Benedict Cumberbatch (an ex LAMDA student himself)
“This school is a harmonious community with strong relationships between students and staff”.