Exam Information & Results
GCSEs in England are graded with a scale from 9 to 1, with 9 being the highest grade.
To see how the numbered grades compare to the current A* to G system, click here or Google “ofqual 9 to 1 postcard”. More information about when subjects will switch to the new grades is available on the Ofqual website here.
Information for candidates re the use of social media click here
GCSE Exam Success 2022
Students and staff at The Stonehenge School are celebrating an excellent set of GCSE results, enabling the Headteacher Mr Nigel Roper to retire on a high after what has been a challenging two years for the students due to the disruption caused by the Covid pandemic.
Results in English and Maths were in line with the targets that had been set for the cohort, with some exceptional subject performances across The Arts and Sciences, as well as more specialist subjects like Philosophy & Ethics and Engineering.
Top students worth a special mention as achieving the highest grades across their subjects are Sherpa Neoleen, Noah Taylor, Ben Bryant, Annabella Phelps and Arran Maltman. Exceptional progress was made by Sarah Parrott, Keely Ringwood, Gracie Mosely, Tawonga Mtonga and Michael Gardner, who all exceeded expectation.
Nigel Roper, who retires after 18 years as the Headteacher of The Stonehenge School said “I would like to thank all of my staff who have worked incredibly hard over what has been one of the most challenging periods in history within the education sector, and have ensured that our pupils have gained the grades that they deserve in order to embark on their future choices beyond our school”.
He added “Due to its rapid growth and over-subscription, the school is now looking forward to the second phase of its re-development, adding another £6 million build to replace an out-of-date block. All of this will now be left in the capable hands of the new Headteacher, Mrs Carole Dean”.
- Examinations Handbook 2022-23
- Appendix 1 – Information for Candidates
- Appendix 2 – Mobile phones
- Apendix 3 – Warning to Candidates
- Appendix 4-Information for Candidates-Written Examinations
- Appendix 5-Information for candidates-coursework assessments
- Appendix 6-Information for Candidates-on screen tests
- Appendix 7-Information for Candidates-Social Media (for website) – Copy
- Appendix 8-Information for candidates-Non Examination Assessments
- DfE School Performance Tables please click here
- School Performance Tables – click here
- Early Entry Policy – click here
- NEA Appeals – click here
- Severe weather instructions – click here