Special Educational Needs (SEN)
The Special Educational Needs provision is based out of the “The Skills Development Centre” (SDC) which is a suite of rooms situated in the Lower School. The purpose of the Skills Development Centre is to provide support and specialist intervention programmes to enable our students with special educational needs to access the curriculum and participate fully in the life of the school.
Students are identified and monitored to ensure progress is being made. We work closely with our feeder schools, parents / carers and outside agencies to ensure that we meet the needs of those in our care. Every opportunity is taken to enable our students to acquire and practise new skills. Further details of the work undertaken with the students may be found in the SEN policy and SEN information report. Visits to the department are always welcome.
To contact the department please use the following email address –
- Mrs Faith Moore, SENDCO
- Mrs Mary Turnock, Assistant SENDCO
- Mrs Stacey Moates, SEN Admin
- Mr Joe Waterman – Specialist KS2 teacher
- A team of dedicated Teaching Assistants, including ELSAs, Thrive Practitioner, ELKAN
- The department is supported by governor: Mrs Gillian Clarke